A View of Part of Parramatta, Port Jackson (c.1809), attributed to George William Evans CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE. An early incarnation of Parramatta Gaol is depicted to the right, at the end of the “Old Gaol Bridge” across the Parramatta River, a bridge that was later partially incorporated into the Lennox Bridge. At the time, the first Parramatta Female Factory, known as “The Factory Above the Gaol,” was also part of the same complex. “A View of Part of Parramatta Port Jackson,” c.1809, attributed to George William Evans. Series 01: Australian paintings by J.W. Lewin, G. P. Harris, G. W. Evans and others, 1796–1809 [32 watercolours], Vol. 3, PXD 388 / FL1152086, Mitchell Library, State Library of New South Wales.